Thursday, July 13, 2006

An Attempt to Eliminate the Blue Smoke and Mirrors

Those who have been following my blog and conversing with me via email know that I’ve been reluctant to provide specific guidance with respect to non-dealing desk brokers because I wanted to preserve the blog’s non-commercial nature.. Since it went public I’ve received a significant number of emails from traders wanting more information and have avoided giving specific advice. Clearly, I am not the definitive source for much of anything related to currency trading. Neither am I a registered investment advisor.

The thought occurred to me a couple of weeks ago that instead of dancing around the emails I receive, it might be a good idea to create an independent forum where traders wanting to learn more could not only share information but, more importantly, get definitive answers to questions related to industry practice.

At first, I thought I would be able to create and administer a non-commercial forum but I came to the conclusion that a discussion of trading issues can’t be done in a vacuum. One has to name names and if people intend to use the forum to promote one service provider or another, it’s silly to concern myself with that. There are much larger issues to be concerned about.

As a result, this past week I’ve devoted my energies to the creation of an independent forum where experienced and inexperienced traders will be able to exchange information and pose questions about the ins and outs of "Forex" spot trading. Unlike most Forex forums where content is controlled to the benefit of the host, it’s my intention to create a free flowing discussion, a place where traders can post questions and get authoritative responses from fellow members as well as the providers involved.

What I Hope Will Make the Forum Different

When traders post a question or make derogatory comments about specific providers, their posting will be forwarded to those providers for comment. When providers respond to my email, I will post their response to the forum. If they don’t, their refusal to respond will posted to the forum thread and traders will be left to make further comment and draw their own conclusions.


The forum will be moderated so please make sure if you post a comment there that it offers something more than what one might see in a chat room or forum all too often characterized by smiley faces and one liners. Furthermore, please make sure your comments are directed to the issue being discussed, not individual members. I won’t allow the discourse to deteriorate into a battle of egos. State the facts or your opinion as best you can and leave members to decide for themselves whether the ideas presented are worthy of consideration.

Update: July 25, 2006: Forum Finally Goes Online

The NDD Forum just went live at 1:42 p.m. PST. If you'd like to participate in the discussion, you're invited to visit The NDD Forum.

Home

Did you like this post? Spread the word.

Social Bookmarking